Sports Purpose seeks a new Assistant to provide day to day support to the founder directors in all aspects of the business.
job title: Assistant
start date: as soon as possible
location: The MT Yard, Bicester Heritage, Bicester, OX26 5HA
reports to: James Turner (JT) and John Brewer (JB)
1 – back office support
- general back office functions: file management, ad hoc projects (ie. race logistics, car builds, Scramble organisation)
- logistics, managing diaries, arranging meetings, travel reservations
- marketing and research, including managing the website and company instagram accounts
2 – bookkeeping
- day to day bookkeeping, recording time and expenses, cashflows, raising invoices, liaising with accountants regarding month-ends, VAT payments and other matters
3 – client service & sales
- assisting JT & JB in selling cars: responding to enquiries, managing information requests, logging potential purchasers
- working on other client projects as necessary (for example, managing a historic racing & touring programme for JT & JB)
4 – project management
- working on the development of the 2 Litre Cup racing series: supervising the website and PR, liaising with entrants, organisers, photographers and stakeholders and (possibly) attending events (six race meetings planned for 2019)
- assisting with any future Luftgekült event: planning, liaising with the project manager, liaising with the founder gang, taking enquiries, managing the guest list with JT
- assisting with planning and logistics for any other future events/projects as agreed
skills / profile required
- dependable and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a desire for perfection, not only in finished projects but also in customer service and internal processes
- good communication and self-presentation skills, with an ability to talk in a credible and engaging manner with all the various points of contact of the business
- responsible and adaptable, with the flexibility occasionally to work some evenings (for example, at dinners with customers if necessary) and weekends (even more rarely); some foreign language skills an advantage but not essential
- automotive and motor racing experience is an advantage
To submit your interest or for further information about the role, please email James Turner at moc.esoprup-strops@tj
Sports Purpose is a new start-up Porsche sales specialist, set up by two friends, James Turner and John Brewer. James and John are the Founder Directors. The company is backed by a small number of friends and has a strong balance sheet.
The business aims to be a car garage that is a pleasure to deal with. Detailed in its selection and preparation of cars, honest in its dealings with customers and suppliers alike, professional and perfectionist in its approach to every aspect of its business, it has the potential to be a special place to buy a car. While Porsche is the founders’ first passion, Sports Purpose will also sell other cars that are sufficiently interesting.
As expected for a start-up, 2018 has been a busy year with costs under tight control as the trading pattern develops. We have enjoyed a number of creative partnerships such as the racing series with Peter Auto, the unique ‘happening’ of Luft-GB and the art car with Paul Smith.
The investor group is supportive and represents a very strong group of individuals. Liaison with this group is also key for the success of the business.